Subject: [Leica] IMG: Last Film Images of 2011
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 00:06:35 -0600

I shot a roll of Kodak 200 color in my Leica IIIf using my new to me Canon
50/1.4 lens, and had it processed to CD at the local Walgreen store today.
This was mainly to see what the lens produced, and, at the same time, check
out the Walgreen processing.  I found that, for posting on-line, the CD
resolution is not too bad.  Here are some examples:

Our local credit union started out 60 years ago at Arnold AF Base, and now
has branches all over the mid-state.  They recently built a new headquarters
building on a half block site that contained a large drainage ditch,
carrying storm drainage from the north end of the airport.  Landscaping is
still underway, but, needless to say, water was a consideration in all of
these efforts.

Street side view:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Credit+Union+Headquarters.jpg.html

Front entrance:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Fountain+and+Reflections.jpg.html

A new Sikorsky S-76 passed through today on a factory delivery flight.  I
don't know the destination, but all of the placards were in Spanish.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Sikorsky+S-76.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Sikorsky+S-76+Details.jpg.html

A week or so ago, I came across a Pitts Special S-2B at the gas pump.
Though no longer competitive in the "Open" classification, these little
aircraft can be very challenging to master.  They were built especially for
aerobatics.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Pitts+Special+S-2B.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Rear+Seat+Instrument+Panel.jpg.html

Last is the observation deck, or front porch, of the new airport terminal
building.  As you will note, the rockers were donated by a local
manufacturer familiar to most of you.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/The+Observation+Deck.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

By the way, I am impressed with this lens!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Last Film Images of 2011)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Last Film Images of 2011)