Subject: [Leica] Remote flash triggers for DMR and Elinchrom EL500
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 12:15:18 -0600

On Dec 29, 2011, at 11:12 AM, Charlie Chan wrote:

> I?m looking to buy a remote trigger to use with my DMRs and a set of
> Elinchrom EL500 strobes. Anyone here have any experience of using one of
> these? Which should I buy - Elinchrom Skyport, Pocket Wizard or something
> else?

I use Elinchrom Strobes.
2 - EL 500
2 - EL 1000
1 - Chic 2 pack with two heads.
1 - RXBI 250
1 - Skyport transmitter receiver set.

The Skyport with the RXBI is a dream.
You can change the light output right from the camera.

The Skyport is wonderfully tiny and feather light;
though feels almost fragile (especially the antenna).

I also use Quantum Radio Slave 4i's
which are quite large by comparison;
though feel (and are) virtually indestructible.

Quantum now has more modern triggers.
Quantum customer support is second to none.
Fast, economical repairs and automatic upgrading
where appropriate.
(based on 20 years of using their products:
Turbo with T2 head
Qpack X with X2 head
2 - 4i transmitters
2 - 4i receivers)

Elinchrom support is so-so.

When I had an EL 250 go out on me
they basically said - can't be fixed
but we'll give you a BXRI at a good price.
In the end I'm glad to have the BXRI and its Skyport interface;
though would have preferred an economical repair.
(not looking forward to my 500's and 1000's going out)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com