Subject: [Leica] Data/image Backups.
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 14:16:05 -0500

Do not trust USB flash memory sticks as a backup medium. Their longevity is
unknown at this time. This particularly applies to the higher density (many
GB) sticks. Applies to solid state drives also.

I will also echo Richard's comment about not trusting any of the "cloud"
storage services unless a) you know the exact term of service and b) the
service provider is contractually obliged to notify you if there is a change
in the term of service. Privacy and many other reservations applies also.

Regards,
Spencer