Subject: [Leica] The San Remo
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:13:02 -0500

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/101229_153700.jpg.html
This was my first Baby home in NY. Its where they brought me when I got home
from being born in the hospital in January 1951. My Grandfather both worked
and had his doctors office there in the 50's now it's wildly unaffordable
each apartment costing many millions. But in the 50's doctors lived there
and other professional people.  We lived on the 7th floor and watched the
Macy's balloons go by level with us. (I wanted to be on the sidewalk with
everybody else)
This is shot from the back of it at 74th and Columbus. The San Remo is
between 74th and 75th on Central Park West.
Also on CPW The Century and The Majestic are twin towers. People mix them
up.  Its good to be able to tell them apart when you're lost in Central
Park.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/