Subject: [Leica] My artist's statement
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 20:26:23 -0600

On 1/3/2012 8:00 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:
> Ken, the term Fine Art has been used since the 1700s to distinguish art
> done for personal expression from commercial art. I'm not sure why so many
> photographers have such a problem with it. Its just a name. Complaining
> about it or trying to deconstruct it is not going to make it go away,
> there's too much history and tradition behind it.

Chris,

No problem, it was just curiosity on my part.  Maybe you could add a
footnote to define, unless everyone but me understands the distinction,
which is highly likely.  I still think your statement is a breath of
fresh air, as they say.  No capturing two-dimensional slices of time in
the cosmos etc.

Ken