Subject: [Leica] My artist's statement
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 21:47:36 -0600

On 1/3/12 8:50 PM, "Sonny Carter" <sonc.hegr at gmail.com> wrote:

>Are you a "fine art" or a documentary photographer?  Seems to me different

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Chris Crawford <chris at
chriscrawfordphoto.com
> wrote:

> I do some of both, and I'm still struggling over how to present that.

It seems to me that to call your own work "fine art" is pretentious.

To define your own work as "documentary" is not, especially if you are
really making an effort to document (as you do).

My old website was called "Sonny Carter Documentary Photography"

After  illness reduced my mobility, I moved my work to the "look" blog.

I thought it more intellectually honest, since my primary subjects were
those at hand.

( It takes a lot of effort to go shoot like I once did)

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/
Natchitoches, Louisiana