Subject: [Leica] To Tina (Silverfast question)
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:15:01 +0100

Hi Tina,

I know you are expert with the Silverfast, I've bought recently a
Plustek film scanner with Silverfast SE, it offers different forms to
scan B&W negatives:

a)  16->8 bit Gray scale

b) 16 bit HDR Gray Escale

c) 32 bit HDRi Gray Scale

The first one allow manual adjustments on curves, histogramm...etc...,
I've sate that without any mask of focus the better result is
obtained. The b and c don't allow any manual adjustments but IMO they
produce finest quality, the c makes really big files if you save it in
Tiff, about 100 MB!, IMO the b is a good option. What I'm surprised is
that b and c scann an image in negative and after I shall invert it in
PS and do the adjustments.

Please let me know your 5 cents about the best system and if my
workflow is correct...

Thank you very much in advance!

Saludos
Lluis