Subject: [Leica] Zeiss ZM 21 & CornerFix
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:31:07 -0800

>> LR apparently has a built in vignetting fixer in its later versions.
>> ?Does LR now negate the use of Cornerfix?

It's possible that CornerFix is superior to even Leica's lens-coding
profiles.  It is custom for each lens and body.  You could even make
it custom for each aperture if you wanted.  Canned profiles may be
less accurate for your particular setup.

Actually, the issue with the 21mm Biogon is that it's a symmetrical
design -- said to be terrible with the M9, with a nodal point that is
way too close to the sensor.  But symmetrical designs are, in my view,
superior in terms of sharpness and distortion to retro-focus.  The 21
Biogon is really sharp, with no distortion.   My 18mm Distagon, said
by some reviewers to be the best 18, is good, but not up to the
Biogon.  For making large prints, I was a bit disappointed in the 18,
thus the 21 Biogon experiment, which luckily worked.  But for
ColorFix, I probably would have returned the Biogon as unusable with
the M9.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Zeiss ZM 21 & CornerFix)