Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wash Day
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:11:59 +1030

>> to manage crossover.
> That is such an EVIL term!

Yes, I had several photographers tell me that.  Funny.

> I had a brief case full of CC and LB filters and a color temperature meter
> that went everywhere with me; plus a couple pounds of light source filters
> and rolls of filter material to put over windows.

Sounds about right.

> And STILL received the occasional call from the lab saying, "it appears
> you have a bit of crossover in the shot of [whatever]."

It's amazing how unless the [whatever] is "bigfoot attacking the pope"
this can create so much difficulty.

I only ever called the photographer to check to see if they were
willing to go to the expense of me fixing it.  I so used to hope that
they would say "no, don't bother, I'll re-shoot it" but I think that
happened once, and the other maybe hundred times (I think it happened
about once a week) they said "you fix it".

Printers and photograhers develop mutual resentments ;-)

> It usually meant a softbox scrim had yellowed, or a flash tube was on the
> way out since the last time I read their kelvin temperature.

Or a cloud partially covered the sun, or  . . . there are dozens of causes.

But yes, I understand your pain.

Marty

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Wash Day)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Wash Day)