Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wash Day
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:07:28 -0500

I can see how people with no background in this , analog color printing,
would find Photoshop digital color crunching overwhelming. All of a sudden
its up to them to control their color! Before it was just waiting to get
their slides back and playing with camera filters.
I Portland I was lucky as we had a rental place, U Develop and you'd get
advice while you were figuring out your next correction on your print.  From
pro color people. Plus all the other photographers you were printing side by
side with. Invaluable. We'd expose our own 4x5 internegs from our slides and
they'd process them. That place has gone digital and is a whole new
ballgame. I would call it my "club" and went there more than once a week and
had yearly membership. But then I joined a real athletic club down the
street from it. So I didn't call it "the club" any more.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/