Subject: [Leica] LR4
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 00:31:11 -0800

Thanks. That video cleared up all that I was confused about. It's
clearly worth upgrading unless they inflate the upgrade price
unreasonably.

The removal of chromatic aberration was very impressive, but
irrelevant for me, because I have not been able to detect that in my
old 35 and 90 Chrons. I once wanted to decided between two color neg
films, so loaded my M6 with one and a point and shoot that had a
Zeiss Tessar with the other. 8 x 10 prints, examined with a 20X loupe
showed a color fringe on the Tessar example, but the Chron print was
flawless. I was impressed.

Herb

Herb