Subject: [Leica] More Old Racers
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:11:30 -0600

I'm getting to the end of what I can find now but I haven't searched
all the possible storage spaces just yet:

For a number of years the public roads around Lake Ponca outside of
Ponca City, Oklahoma, were closed off during the July 4 weekend so the
Sports Car Club of America's local region could host races where the
winners would win points toward national championships.  Not exactly
Monaco, but still charming in its own way, particularly in retrospect:

http://www.bobbaron.com/PoncaSCCA/index.html

Also in 1969 I went to SCCA races at MidAmerica Raceway (I think it
was called) near St. Louis, Missouri:

http://www.bobbaron.com/MidAmerica1969/index.html

The collection so far is at
http://bobbaron.tumblr.com/post/14687062155/old-tracks-old-races