Subject: [Leica] HOW THE EXHIB. POSTER SHOT HAPPENED! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:42:04 -0800

Hi Crew,
I have received a few posts asking how did I set up this shot for the
poster?

It's not set-up! It caught my eye on the first day I was shooting medical
students in "The GROSS lab." It's a big lab with a bunch of cadavers in body
bags and the students & instructors play with these .... "dead folks."

The skeleton hanging there and my first re-action was to "hang a Leica M"
around it's neck and shoot it just for the hell of it as a "funny" picture.
However some university people don't have any sense of humour! And I'd
probably have been thrown out. :-(

As I walked about shooting various things the skeleton kept catching my eye
and I figured sooner or later I'll see something ?

I saw an angle and I thought the skeleton was smiling! And in the background
students were out of focus. My thought?  "COOL! CLICK!" :-) It was just one
of several hundred frames of the day. When the art gallery people wanted a
shot for a poster to promote the exhibition, I knew just what to use. :-)

Nobody complained, everybody thinks it's a neat photo and it will attract a
great number of viewers to the gallery.

It's like.... "What you see, is what you get!" :-)

Thank you for all the kind comments.

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] HOW THE EXHIB. POSTER SHOT HAPPENED! :-))