Subject: [Leica] Help with Nocti
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:12:44 +1000

Gene the M9 firmware (when correct lens is detected/selected) does reduce
the corner vignetting visibly from the 50's and down. Keep in mind the
natural state of the lenses has always been to have some fall off into the
cormers. The firmware correction is not (and cannot be) aperture sensitive.
So any natural vignetting and any due to the sensor design is corrected for
best case (stopped down) not wide open where the fall off is greater.
Otherwise you could get over-correction when stopped down (cyan corners
and/or corners lighter than the centre).

None of that need be a particular problem for the Nocitis. Obviously they
can and do work just fine on M9's. All of the unique properties they have
with film still apply with the M9 naturally.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Help with Nocti)