Subject: [Leica] My Noctilux replacement for the interim. NRI
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 04:09:20 -0500

My night wonder lens in this current time warp continuum is my 28mm 1.4
Nikkor D.
Which does have a precision-ground aspheric element. And a finish like an
fine old Leitz Microscope. It even has rarity as they don't make them any
more.
At f 1.4 you are doing just great and the shudder speeds you use with a 28
give you a bit more leeway then with a normal lens.
But shot on a cropped body it is a normal lens.
11 elements in 8 groups
an Aspherical lens element at 9th position
close range correction using floating lens element
IF design (internal focusing)*
Its a bit of a heavy large gorgeous monster.
My Noctilux replacement for the interim.
Here's a shot I did with it last January with my D200 cropped body.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/100126_225542.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/6wzbpl3
Man with four dogs.