Subject: [Leica] Epson R2880, not getting glossy paper option
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 21:17:10 +0900

Hi, Chris,

you were right!  I had the matte black ink cartridge installed.  I
never have that installed.  Except for last week!  I forgot about it.
You explained a lot.  When I have, as usual, photo black, or glossy
ink installed, it also allows matte printing.  That's why I was quite
confused when only the matte print option came up.

Thanks a lot, Chris, you fixed my problem in a clear and succinct
message!

I agree about how annoying it is to hear your ink getting sucked away
from each cartridge when only one needs the nozzle clearing.  I leave
my Epson on day and night and try to print at least a print or two a
week on weeks when I'm not printing.

Big cheers,

Peter Cheyne