Subject: [Leica] OT: shipping rates
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:17:03 +0800

Hi John,
As some luggers may recall I have spent the last three summers liquidating
my model train collection on E Bay. The most difficult part of providing
good service to buyers of small items is to find the best way to ship the
items and I'm afraid that for Canadian sellers there is no inexpensive way
to do that. You can get a Venture One card from the Post Office which will
give you a bit of a discount (about 5%) as a small business. But. other than
that, you just have to let the customer know the shipping costs for fast and
slow service and to chose what service they want to pay for. The one thing
not to do is obvious. Don't ever ship without a tracking number - otherwise
the customer may claim the shipment was never received and claim a refund
from Paypal - and you have no documented recourse. Good luck with your sales.
Howard