Subject: [Leica] OT: shipping rates
From: joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:27:20 +0800

As a transportation insider - shipping costs escalated after 9/11 eg :

Security scanning
Secuirty manpower employed
Fuel surcharges
Carriers' insurance surcharges
War Zone surcharges
Added costs to transport operators to be licenced and
paying annual fees for such
Acquiring and deployment of hi tech scanning machines
Port / Airport Security Surcharges

The list goes on ............ the poor consumer pays  - for the paranoia

Joseph Low / Singapore