Subject: [Leica] Photographic Freedom
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (piers@hemy.org)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:18:17 +0000

Exactly, Nathan. In point of fact, I don't think the provisions
relating to Trafalgar Square are anything new, in that you already
need a licence to ply trade as a photographer there. It was once a
popular spot to have one's photo taken (while feeding the pigeons) by
one of the professional photographers hanging around touting for
business. And I have the photographic evidence of self there with said
avian decoration. Now both activities (photography and pigeon-feeding)
are banned in the interests of keeping the Square clean and
free-circulating for public enjoyment. Oh and banning protest
encampments (also not a new provision as regards Parliament Square).
As far as selling stock on Alamy is concerned, I would not worry in the
least.

Piers