Subject: [Leica] My X100 issues
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 20:25:26 +0000

Partly worked out what is going on.

After ~1200 shots it started to suffer from the widespread "sticky aperture
blade" issue. The aperture does not stop down so if on manual then you get
gross overexposure, seems the fix is to swap the lens out! I have been using
it on f2.0 only the past couple of days but even then the exposure will
sometimes be about 2 stops under so it will go off for repair/replacement
next week. If you search on that aperture blade issue to seems very
widespread over many batches of serial numbers, not what I would expect
these days from Japan.

Rather sad as it was only bought (used) as a stand-in while my M kit went to
Solms, so probably no pictures for a while (not carrying either DSLR around)
or use the P&S......

john