Subject: [Leica] Photographic Freedom
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:54:15 -0600

On Feb 1, 2012, at 6:38 PM, scleroplex wrote:

> to reiterate briefly, assuming good faith intentions behind the policies,
> rules and statements of those in power shall lead to bad outcomes.

Bharani,

Thank you for your vigilance
and bearing witness on behalf of all mankind.

I agree that photo and video restrictions in public spaces
(the prevention of bearing witness)
do not qualify as "trivial."

The very important struggle, to preserve the rights of journalists and
citizens to record events in public spaces,
will continue - most especially during difficult times of cultural and
political change.
<http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2012/02/01/will-occupy-live-streamers-be-permitted-to-record-natog8-protests/>
<http://www.rcfp.org/sites/default/files/2012-%20Ill.%20Eavesdropping%20Amendment%20written%20testimony.pdf>

On the plus side for rights