Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on drum scanning
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 19:04:53 -0600

On 2/2/2012 6:16 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
> When she makes a 900 MB drum scan for half a grand usd do all the lights
> dim
> down in the neighborhood for an hour? Can you see it from outer space?

I sure hope so for that much.  Let's see...my Nikon 35mm scans are 4000
ppi and 110mb.  4000 ppi = a 13" print @ 300 ppi.   What would 900mb
be?  I will say that the Heidelberg scans from my 4x5 and 8x10 negs are
excellent, but this was not on the Tango.  It was on a huge flatbed the
name of which escapes me now.  And I had to convince the operator that
it was "16-bit" and "no unsharp mask".  After we established rapport all
was well.

Ken

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Thoughts on drum scanning)