Subject: [Leica] Snow Leopard Warning
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 09:21:21 -0800

Roger,

Before Apple went to using an Intel processor, they used one jointly
developed by Apple, Motorola, and IBM. It was called the Power PC.
Programs developed in the Power PC era would not run on the Intel
processor. Apple created an interpreter called Rosetta (appropriate
name) so that these older programs would still run on the new
processor. Rosetta was not included in Lion.

So, if you had no legacy programs you needed to run, Lion was fine.

Herb