Subject: [Leica] "Angles in my 'hood" or, " Some Photos of Buildings but no Food"
From: gcr910 at gmail.com (Greg Rubenstein)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 19:45:57 -0600

With the lack of winter in Chicago, we've had a surprising number of
bright, bluebird-sky days. Strange enough during the summer. Downright
odd in mid winter. Anyway, took the D-Lux 3 out of my pocket on one of
those days and the angular, white Sofitel Chicago made an interesting
contrast to other buildings and angles in the 'hood.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gcr910/Angles+in+my+hood/

What I need to get some day, and still haven't found the angle, is the
white, angular Sofitel backgrounded somehow against the black of The
John Hancock Tower two or so blocks to the east. The Hancock was in
place long before the Sofitel which is, essentially, an upside down,
bright-white (positive) of the matte-black (negative) Hancock. Haven't
a clue how the Sofitel design got through zoning even with, I think,
Lucien LaGrange as architect. Very cheeky.

Comments and critiques appreciated. Hope to add to this album.

Thank you.

Greg Rubenstein

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] "Angles in my 'hood" or, " Some Photos of Buildings but no Food")