Subject: [Leica] Abandoned Sheep Farm #9
From: gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:38:09 +0000

Chris

As usual with your postings these are both really good images, although
personally prefer #8. I think this is

(a) because i think b&w really suits the subject, and

(b) because I think both that b&w would suit the subject and that I find the
very large American flag too large. The impact of this would diminish if the
image was in b&w. I had a lot of double actually seeing the non-white part
of the flag pole (but that may just be my sad ageing eyes!)

As an aside, and as an Englishman, I find it fascinating the number of
abandoned houses there seems to be in the US. On a trip to New Hampshire we
came across a fully furnished guest house which had been been bypassed by a
rerouting of the main highway. It looked just as though the occupants had
gone shopping. We chatted to the farmer who owned it and he said it was
worth nothing now. Strange to us people who live in a very crowded area
where housing is a premium and even got us looking seriously at house prices
to move across the pond, but health insurance was a killer. Sensible as it
turns out as my wife is now dealing with her third bout of cancer.

Keep posting Chris, I always enjoy your images.

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 (Office)
+44 (0)797 287 7932 (Mobile)