Subject: [Leica] World Press Winners
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 21:25:57 +0100

Tina, I don't even need to look at the link. I consider WPP to be ambulance
chasing, albeit with a higher level of skill involved. During my years in
the Netherlands (the country where WPP is based) I religiously went to the
exhibition every year, and every year I came out with the thought, "is life
really this awful"? Yes, terrible things happen, but for most of us, most of
the time, life is not terrible. In 2006 I was in Prague and saw the Czech
Press Photo of the year exhibition. It was way superior to the WPP because
it focused on everyday life and still made it spectacular. I have ignored
WPP since then.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman