Subject: [Leica] The final gasp of MF film?
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:30:02 +1030
References: <CAF8hL-GYA-TnC=rVhuSgU7gAwuFZ_A8RxTofGnVgC2wZDM1MzA@mail.gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9412EEC84@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <CABmfTOXcBOcW6+8ZgGhN7AaEfe=+5NS=kg=7yQu86or9ThE-KQ@mail.gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9412F23EB@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <CABmfTOUxzY8pvqe4g1jvZ2A1G1eCzf4UnReOpcn2+qiYrxzJpg@mail.gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9412F25BC@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org>

Hi John,

Large format enlargers aren't the best for MF film.  "Well aligned"
across a 250+mm holder is inevitably less precise than across a >100mm
one.  That plus a diffusion head might be enough alone to lose that
very top 5-10% of resolution that would show you the difference
between the lenses.

The APO El-Nikkors were always special order items with breathtaking
prices.  The 105 is perfect for 6x6, although I found the Zeiss
Orthoplanar-S 60mm was better for 35mm film.

Do you still have/have access to the Kamm?  I bought a Durst 10x10
enlarger in 2010, but haven't used it yet.  I need a higher ceiling
[not joking].

Marty