Subject: [Leica] IMG: Comparison of Two Scans
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:18:36 -0600

My original VueScan controlled scan with the Epson 2450 was done at low
resolution.  The subsequent scan was done at maximum resolution of this
scanner.

>From comments, it appears that several folks prefer the first scan.  I see
>sharper details in the second scan, but perhaps my adjustments were not
>well chosen.

Here are links to the two images.  Please help me solve my dilemma.

Original (reconstructed):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/R+_amp_+N+VueScan+_amp_+Epson+low-res+scan.jpg.html

High resolution scan:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/R_amp_N+with+VueScan+on+Epson.jpg.html