Subject: [Leica] Kodak to support film.
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:02:10 -0800

There's an article on the web comparing why Fujifilm survives and Kodak
does not.

First Fujifilm did a lot of promotion in the 90s to move the slide film
users to their new vivid Velvia/Astia/Provia. By the time Kodak
counteracted with Ektachrome, it's too late. The Yellow Wall sprung a leak.

When the digital onslaught came, Fujifilm's CEO acted more like an
innovative American company executive and kept adopting to the new fangle
technologies while Kodak consistently tried to "stop digital," acting more
like a traditional Japanese company trying to protect their iron rice bowl.

Too bad the iron bowl rusted, but that's too many bad analogy for a single
post so I should stop now.