Subject: [Leica] The smallest M lens
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:01:20 -0800

As I mentioned before, I love the Pera 35/3.5 lens. Collapsed, it's hardly
larger than a body cap so there really is no reason not to take the M
everywhere. This is the reason why I'm not interested m 4/3, X10 etc. Sure,
it doesn't zoom or has liveview or do video, but comparing to an M9,
everything else just seems a bit lacking (except for the XPan of course
:-), or an Alpa, or an S2, or...) <-- my opinions only and I am talking
about for myself only. Everyone is entitled to their preferences.

Anyway, the Pera 35 is no longer the smallest M lens. That honor is now on
another lens that Miyazaki san makes by hand: the Perar 28/4 Super Tpirlet
(the first batch all has the misspelling). It doesn't collapse and it's
smaller than the Perar 35 collapsed!

Mine came in today and I just took a few quick test shots. The first shot
here is mainly to see what happens shooting into the Sun and it looks
pretty good. All photos have been processed a bit using LR. Nothing heroic.
I also cropped the last two images a bit.

All in all, looks like another winner. Now it's even more so of having no
excuse not to take the M9 everywhere!

http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20120223-L1009641.jpg

http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20120223-L1009646.jpg

http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20120223-L1009648.jpg