Subject: [Leica] Two pro video guys using Canon DSLR to shoot Art Opening
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:09:07 -0800

First: Disclaimer. My video knowledge is hovering right around zero, but I
do have some video capable DSLR's that almost seem to work. The 5DMkII is
awful to handle, but the output seems great. The Panasonics are a lot better
to handle, and the output (to my eyes) is just as good, but with more dof.
Since this is mostly just to try out, I've not invested in any mics etc, so
my sound quality sucks.

Here in Vancouver hundreds of movies are shot yearly, mostly for Hollywood.
It's a rare day that my work route isn't blocked or impeded by movie
equipment, often many blocks long.

In the last couple of years, I often see the big stuff, with a cameraman in
a chair sitting behind the camera, a couple of slightly smaller rigs, and
then some more with 5DMkII setups at various points. They seem to be
everywhere. Sometimes just DSLR's, but often in conjunction with _very_ high
end equipment.

Henning