Subject: [Leica] How to photograph a safari
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:08:49 +1030

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Robert Adler <rgacpa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Darwin Award Candidates, eh?

Anyone who has spent a decent amount of time in Africa looking at game
has seen Darwin award winning kinds of behaviour.  Somewhere out there
there is video footage of me hauling a woman back into our truck in
Chobe National Park literally by her plaited hair after she got out of
said truck, ostensibly to photograph a lioness with cubs*.  Before we
left the guide had said a dozen times that we were safe in the truck
and that nomatter what happened we were to stay in the truck.  When I
got her back into the truck she had the temerity to hit me, causing me
to briefly consider throwing her back, literally to the lions.

Most times it's survival of the adequate, not the fittest.

Marty

*As anyone with the merest glimmer of intelligence would guess, this
is a very dangerous situation.  Mothers are protective of their
offspring.

Replies: Reply from billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce) ([Leica] How to photograph a safari)
Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] How to photograph a safari)
Message from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] How to photograph a safari)