Subject: [Leica] hello old friends
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:58:43 -0800

Hi Seth, welcome back.

I think the best hope to use the R-lens, unfortunately, is either adapted
on a Nikon/Canon/Sony dSLR, or one of the mirrorless compact systems. The
main drawback is stop down metering. Typically with the mirrorless system,
you can use enlarged "popup" for ease of focusing on the EVF, so that's a
plus, but the sensor is usually smaller (APS or m 4/3)

Neither option is ideal of course.

Leica says they will produce some kind of EVF, probably mirrorless system,
to sit between the X1 and the M9, and that could be a possibility as well.
It will probably be announced in Sept.