Subject: [Leica] Vedr: Sigma SD-1 Lower Price.....
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:39:31 -0800

Sigma is the only camera company that uses this sensor technology from
Foveon, which Sigma bought up a couple years ago.

One of the founders of the chip company was Carver Mead, one of the pioneer
computer scientist so the company had a lot of "street cred" from the
technologist standpoint. Carver Mead literally wrote books on VLSI design.