Subject: [Leica] Sad day
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:34:53 +0000

George Lottermoser wrote:
> Today I sold my 8x10 Deardorff - deal done - except to ship it.
> Truly felt sad looking at it for the last time (even though I have not set
> it up for well over 5 years).
> I've had sellers remorse over a number of photographic items.
> Though this may be the hardest to part with.
> Oh well - just needed to share it with a few of you who may understand the
> feeling

I feel your pain! ?My 5x4 kit has been sitting idle until recently.
My son is doing photography at college
(one of his A-levels) and has been enjoying film photography more than
digital, much to my surprise.
So I dug out the 5x4 and he shot some FP4 with it. ?He's the only
person on his course who's used
the college's DeVere enlarger and he's loving every minute! ?It's made
me re-evaluate the use of film
as well.

Simon.

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Sad day)