Subject: [Leica] I-whatever and Kindle vs Dell
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 12:01:32 -0600

I have had several apple products over the last several years, but no
"computers", an Ipod touch, and ipad, a wireless modem, and all were more
trouble than the large prioce differentail woulld predict. With the pod and
pad, no issues with ffailing equipment, it's all about programming, and what
I now see as a pervasive attitude with both apple and windows, "Let us do
it, you don't know what you want/need or how to get it, just stpe aside and
let us do it." To this day, a year later, I still cannot get my ex-wife's
apple ID off the pod and pad. I now must await my next trip to a city with
the so-called genius bar. The wirelesss router failed, and it took phone
calls to the highest support level before I could find aomeone that could
troulbleshoot it.

Personally, I think both suck. I percieve a move by others, microsoft and
adobe, to make things more "apple-like" and I thnik they need to rethink the
whold business. Perhaps the complexity of what we have grown to do is nmore
than the original systems can withstand and something entirely new is
needed.

Bill Pearce