Subject: [Leica] crash safety (was Re: S2 vs. 645D)
From: szoboszlai at gmail.com (Tomas Szoboszlai)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 09:40:32 -0500

According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:

"The death rate in 1-3-year-old minicars in multiple-vehicle crashes
during 2007 was almost twice as high as the rate in very large cars."

It is the same for single-vehicle crashes:

"The death rate per million 1-3-year-old minis [small cars] in
single-vehicle crashes during 2007 was 35 compared with 11 per million
for very large cars. Even in midsize cars, the death rate in
single-vehicle crashes was 17 percent lower than in minicars."

http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr041409.html

Tom Sz.