Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 4
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:14:22 -0600

According to dpreview in their April 2010 review of the Oly M. Zuiko
9-18 m4/3 lens:

"Chromatic aberration

Wideangle zooms are bound to suffer from a degree of lateral chromatic
aberration, but the M ZD 9-18mm F4-5.6 shows more than its fair share,
with strong red/cyan fringing towards the corners of the frame at all
focal lengths. In fact the fringe widths are some of the highest we've
seen, and in unfavorable circumstances can be readily visible even at
relatively modest image sizes. Unfortunately Olympus does not pass
correction data to the camera (alongside the obligatory distortion
correction), so the color fringing shows up with both Olympus and
Panasonic camera bodies. However it can of course be suppressed when
processing raw files."

Jim Laird