Subject: [Leica] Not yet upgrading to LR4
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:08:53 +0100

Hi Henning,

being security-minded, I have all versions as far back
as LR1 still installed:-)

I also keep duplicate catalogs on an external drive
along with regular backups of images, so, if I'm lucky,
it should be possible to simply connect the external to
the new machine and let LR 4 grab the catalogs from
there. The question is, can LR4 pick everything up
without a legacy version (LR3) being installed on the
new machine?

At least I hope it works that simply.

Best
Douglas