Subject: [Leica] IMG: Self portrait 4 hours post myocardial infarction
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:38:26 -0700

On Mar 13, 2012, at 12:37 PM, George Lottermoser wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2012, at 5:23 PM, Ric Carter wrote:
>
>> CRAP! We're going to make you swear off politics!
>>
>> now, you owe us details.
>>
>> get better quickly
>
> Interesting Ric - nothing seems very important since the event
> EXCEPT: family, friends, and breathing ;~)
>
> Details:
> Saturday:
> 9 am - Morning shower

thought I'd mention George, the fact that hot showers can bring out the
symptoms of a heart attack.  So when we corresponded, you had mentioned
that.
It made me feel the likelihood of an MI was higher.
Heat, vasodilation, need for increase'd cardiac output to maintain normal
blood pressure, so quite a bit more demand/stress on the heart...if the
heart is healthy, then no problem, but......
I suspect there was a connection, so best to  avoid hot showers and baths
for a while, especially now.

Sounds like your judgement to seek attention was correct and timely, damn
you are a lucky man,   you should do well.

I sure expect so, we need you back here, I would like to use your self
portrait on the leica site, is that OK?

Steve