Subject: [Leica] B&W Leica? Higher ISO
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:47:40 -0700
References: <380-220123314212710561@M2W122.mail2web.com> <CAFfkXxt7Awmq3Fg4JGC8Uq4sv3NdW9zmgJSd7UbuAH1f71uWYw@mail.gmail.com> <CABmfTOVLKR3050qhNRXOmJPYXThGdzqE9jksN1MhsCMVHskgMA@mail.gmail.com> <CALCsb0G7mj+S=MDXDmjEcr6GCC53j3EZBkQ5gsQddfCq2wt15Q@mail.gmail.com> <99FE2FD0-2CDE-4F13-B30F-A12AD94038D4@teleport.com> <CAF8hL-FP9+RB7pWWLt0=dOF03AQ5jVLfMjXfNAxsrwqOGV3mqQ@mail.gmail.com> <20120314185949.3046386e@linux-pfy5.site> <CA+yJO1BRrG6e=QFMcB2vgYr2BCMGc3txsXiV7_qrO7uepTWyVQ@mail.gmail.com> <C1624A9F-033C-4F9F-9D7F-B1D0436DF086@usjet.net> <CAF8hL-HevM7x41d=2P1hAdBRahaT7xmxL0XJrJg7qm-N7TTY_A@mail.gmail.com> <20120314213706.7071a721@linux-pfy5.site>

Changing the thread topic only because of misunderstanding and what's the
point of arguing about something that was misunderstood?

No one cares about old DCS back and mythical 128000000000000000 ISO sensor.
We were talking about the potential rumored B&W Leica that may be announced
on May 10th.

If it exists, and we will know if it's a negative in less than 2 months,
then likely it will provide higher dynamic range. This is not mythical.
It's a well known sensor tech thing.

And the #^&$& troll bringing in "ugly digital color." Ugh.

There are genuine advantage of a B&W sensor, in terms of higher resolution
and higher dynamic range. But I guess why bother to discuss potentially
real-tech?!

--

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] B&W Leica? Higher ISO)
Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] B&W Leica?)