Subject: [Leica] really elementary backup question
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:46:42 -0700

As you have read, some lugger do 2- 3 levels of backup and then stash the
hard drives in a vault etc. So it really depends on your comfort level.
Fire, earthquakes, anything can happen.

For the data on our $dayjob, it's backup'ed to a Buffalo RAID drive and I
periodically tarball some of the most important stuff and stash it online
somewhere. For my photos, I actually just put another drive in the box and
let it run auto-backup. If earthquake or fire hits, I am so hosed on
that.... Ah well...