Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on wrist straps and variable neutral density filters
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:57:29 -0700

I'm looking for a wrist strap for my M8 and my NEX-7.

As I look on-line for them I see a whole bunch with only a small nylon, I'll
almost call it a string, that actually attaches to the camera. Those don't
fill me with a deep sense of security.

Once upon a dream, back in the late 60s, I had a great strap for my IIIg
that was wonderful: it was leather, it was thin, it wasn't very long and it
just worked to keep the camera feeling secure and attached to me without
some wide vast 3" padded strap to hold the camera to my wrist.

Anyone have a suggestion on wrist straps? Something with a D-ring perhaps?

Also...

I know nothing about variable neutral-density filters but I think it's time
to invest in one. Recommended vendors - and just as important - vendors to
avoid?

Tiffen and Heliopan come to mind.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Adam