Subject: [Leica] M10 May 10
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:25:07 -0400

I hate the "rumor" thing on cameras on a number of levels.
But just got this on my news feed.

http://www.slashgear.com/leica-m10-may-be-revealed-at-may-10-event-15218630/
#entrycontent or
http://tinyurl.com/79a8wrl

May 10th in Berlin they are saying they're going to announce all kinds of
Leica stuff. And these people are hopeful May 10 stands for M10. And I can
kind of see their point.
Wasn't the M9 announced on 9/9 day? I think it was.

Trouble is May is a ways  away.
Come what may.

Nowadays when a digital camera is made its of course made with the film
built into it. In the old days you'd still be shooting your same film with
same developer and dilution with any new camera you got. Even one of a
different format.
But with digital its all about the sensor. And a year or two later when your
favorite camera company comes out with a new top of the line camera much of
it is all about sensor R&D. Its the film.
So this makes a new digital camera a bigger deal; than the difference
between an M3 and M4.

Though I will admit if its reall just a sensor upgrade I'd call it an M9.#
some number. Or letter. To me if its just mainly a sensor upgrade its still
an M9.
Its just got different film in it.

The announcement is not so annoying because they're not trying to predict as
if they're involved in some inside info they cant talk about about the new
specs of the camera. An informed guess as to what MP's it would have and so
on.
Just the drawing. Which I signed like an artist would sign his work. Which
it is and he is.
I don't think its very squared off angular look would go over with the Leica
people in Wetzlar or Solms wherever they are now.
That's the way cars have gone but not cameras.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] M10 May 10)