Subject: [Leica] Picture bleak for high-school portrait photographers
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 21:29:59 +0100

I don't mean to sound harsh, but as I read the article, I cannot help
thinking "there has been a fundamental change in the market, and this guy
just did not see it coming." Let's be honest, most of those school pictures
have no artistic value whatsoever (I include my own high school graduation
portrait from 1979 in this statement). If young people these days prefer to
snap a picture with their smartphone and upload it to Facebook...well, all
power to them! If I and my classmates had those tools available to us back
then, I am sure we would have preferred them too.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain