Subject: [Leica] Three NEX-7 images
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 20:31:26 -0700

Here's a link to three NEX-7 images I shot this afternoon, hand held, using
the 55-210 kit lens. I also have the 18-55 lens.

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/22003432_Lz2PWj#!i=1755286152&k=zWCpt5c>

These cameras take a while to learn, unlike the M8 which I felt comfortable
with right away. There are about a zillion different menus and settings,
there are controls that work like nothing else on the planet. It's a good
thing I was shooting in RAW because I managed to offer the exposure by a
stop (I don't know how).

I was trying to learn the nifty focus mode that Sony has built into the
NEX-7 where if you start to manually focus the camera will do a 3x or 10x
(user selectable of course) to the focus point to allow for fine-focus. Good
thing too, in my brief experience. The focus is close, but almost never
exactly what I'm looking for.

What's nice about this mode is its ability to work with my Leica lenses. I
have a Novaflex adaptor so can mount my Leica M lenses and I have an R
adaptor coming so I can use the 100mm APO.

The adaptor makes the camera a bit bulkier than I had thought it would be.
I'll take some images of it compared to the M8 and Panasonic GF-1 this week.
Still, it's a very pleasant camera.

I LOVE the OLED eye-level viewfinder. It's terrific

I'll answer questions and most more images as I get experience.

Except for the learning curve, damn, I guess I'm getting old, I'm liking
this camera.

And I've only shot 20 seconds of video of my feet and the back end of
Fia-dog by accident. Rolling my eyes.

Adam

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Three NEX-7 images)
Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Three NEX-7 images)