Subject: [Leica] Kathy's Dogwood
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:21:27 +1030

It's really lovely Sonny.

In all our discussing of the 75 Summilux it should be pointed out that
the 75 Summarit draws very similarly to the 75 Summilux at similar
apertures, is much lighter and cheaper, uses smaller filters and the
focus doesn't shift outside the depth of field.  The only potential
downsides are that you lose the low light capability and 20cm of focus
(Summarit close focus 0.9m, Summilux close focus 0.75m).

They seem mostly overlooked, possibly because they are not as
glamorous as faster lenses, but I think the Summarits are really under
rated.

Marty