Subject: [Leica] Hello from William Carter
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:52:24 -0400

i agree with lew and understand the sentiment,
given the exact words written by william carter.

"So do I belong to the Leica tribe? Probably not."

which naturally begs the question, why join LUG?

i once had to sit through a lab presentation by an english scientist
from the max planck institute
in munich who started his talk off by dissing epidemiology as not
"really" being real science
and then concluded his really scientific immunology talk by quoting an
epidemiological study to show that his results were real.

william carter's initial email immediately reminded me of that :-)

which is not surprising given that pretty much all photojournalists
covering the middle east in that period
were elitist and at least faintly racist and were convinced normal
rules were for other people.
it is to be expected.

nonetheless, we can keep our own counsel without being unwelcoming.
:-)
bharani

Message: 40