Subject: [Leica] B&W Leica?
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:39:51 -0400

Exactly. We currently grab 3 rgb pixels, average them out and arrive
at a bw average value. A bw only sensor could well put us in the S2
range. The extra pixels might well translate into more sharpness,
contrast, etc... not to mention iso. If this fantasy came true,
there'd be no doubt that digital had finally beat out bw (scanned from
film or otherwise).

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM, wildlightphoto at earthlink.net