Subject: [Leica] FS: Dr. Paul Wolff Books
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:23:53 -0400

I got a Wolff book at a LHSA meeting one year on the Sunday they have a swap
meet. I think it was in Vancouver BC.
It was all black and white beautifully printed pages. I have it in storage
in Portland still. Not too much room for large coffee table books here in
NY.
But this book was special and usual for a very specific reason.
All images in the book were made right from the photographers original
negatives.
No print was made in between.
It gave the book a special rich look. Perhaps as it was working from more
"information".
I'm guessing Dr. Wolff worked directly with the printer of the book at the
printing presses so the images in the book were in effect originals.
Not interpolations from a darkroom prints as was typically the case.
I'm betting such a work Flo was totally rare.

Nowadays it's like working from a photographers raw file. Almost.

--
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/